Goal Scorers for each league

aarts87
Current Club: Grads Blue

Goal Scorers for each league

Post by aarts87 »

Hey guys just wondering if there is a chance that we put up say the top 20 goal scorers for each league just like they do on the SAASL site, not sure if its too much to ask as I don't know how many people run the site ect but would be good to see and help create a bit of friendly rivalry between some players :D

cheers
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: Goal Scorers for each league

Post by wojindows »

See topic here: http://www.collegiatesoccerleague.com.a ... p?p=43#p43

We would need someone to go through every match sheet every week. If you're keen, speak to the executive committee!
That's it!
aarts87

Post by aarts87 »

thanks, yeah I could do division 2a and 2b but it would be too much work to do all 6 divisions
skids
Current Club: Pulteney

Post by skids »

It would be easy enough to provide an online form that allowed team reps to submit the scores and scorers, and for the submitted info to be compiled automatically into a shared spreadsheet (in something like Google Docs). Nothing fancy would be required - maybe a unique password be provided to each team that could then be verified against in the spreadsheet (to prevent erroneous results being submitted). Publishing the spreadsheet on a weekly basis should really just be a 5 minute job - save as web page in Excel and FTP up to a web space - could just have a link on the CSL website to the web space...
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

While that would be possible, I highly doubt that you would get the 22 clubs submitting their goal scorers every week...
aarts87 wrote:thanks, yeah I could do division 2a and 2b but it would be too much work to do all 6 divisions
Please talk directly to the executive committee. Contact details are on the Contacts tab above.
That's it!
DMW

Post by DMW »

I'm sure you would if Fines were imposed for non delivery of results as in other leagues....
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

Yeah that's true, there are already fines for not submitting results.
That's it!
aarts87

Post by aarts87 »

wojindows wrote:While that would be possible, I highly doubt that you would get the 22 clubs submitting their goal scorers every week...
aarts87 wrote:thanks, yeah I could do division 2a and 2b but it would be too much work to do all 6 divisions
Please talk directly to the executive committee. Contact details are on the Contacts tab above.
Hey, I did post in the website development part of the website but havent heard anything, but I assume they won't want me doing it unless they can get others to do the div 1a and 1b as well as the div 3 and 4 goal scorers
wojindows
Site Admin

Post by wojindows »

I've just heard that this is in the pipeline. Goal scorers / bookings are already being tallied weekly, and we're looking to add it to the site ASAP.
That's it!
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

Will be a lot of work for someone if these 26-0 or 17-1 results keep coming up :D