Div 2 Discussion

John Pits
Current Club: Olympiakos

Re: Div 2 Discussion

Post by John Pits »

hellas wrote:went to watch grads red play, and i thought they were overrated to be a top side.
apparently norwood had six players out, and should of won.
should have* won
chekj004
Current Club: Grads Red

Post by chekj004 »

Just six players out? Grads had a number of very good players out also, and performed well below par.
Must admit though, game was awesome with Dokic as referee. Made it even better considering he was doing the referee job with a sprained ankle lol.. Good to know the CSL has accesses to the FFSA pool of referees :P
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Post by dash riprock »

Div 2B has been burst wide open with Grads Red becoming the first team to take 3 points off Simba!! Its going to be a tight second half to the season with 3 maybe 4 clubs in with a genuine shout now. Just shows the difference one win or loss can make in the ladder!!
Well done Grad Reds!! :D
John Pits
Current Club: Olympiakos

Post by John Pits »

^^^

Cheers mate! Was a great game of football actually!

We (Grads) were all over Simba in the first half, should have buried a couple, but only managed to capitalise on one of our many chances. Scores went in at 1-0 at HT, with Simba rattled and starting a little trouble on the sidelines.

I took my boys over to the other side of the pitch to avoid anymore confrontation.
Simba came out with the wind in the second half and played some great football and showed why they were top of the league and undefeated. They were pushing the ball around well and looked a lot more composed in the second half, running us ragged. They scored a great header and it was locked at 1-1 with Simba having all the momentum.

Against the run of play, our centre mid dribbled through a couple of players and was allowed to come, unchallenged, to within about 22 yards. He thumped a shot into the bottom corner and that was how the game ended, 2-1.

Excellent game, great result for us and a great result for the league I think, as it just opens everything up as you said Dash.

Every up-coming game now, is of great importance to all the sides.

Good luck to all the sides and look forward to facing you all again in the second half of this season.
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Back into the swing of things after the cup weekend break. And there are a few match-ups this weekend to keep things interesting.

UniSA and Mt. Barker both had resounding wins in their last matches and with UniSA looking to continue its strong form, and Mt. Barker wanting to stay in touch with the top two, this contest could decide whether the Barker boys remain an outside chance of a League win in their 1st year.

Top team Grads Red have a seemingly easier task at home to CBC, however CBC have shown an ability to score goals and Grads Red will need to remain focused to get all three points in this one.

Regency and Norwood look to remain in touching distance of third placed Mt. Barker and an outside chance at a top two finish at home to North City and Grads Blue respectively. On current form they should get by relatively unscathed.

The final match pits current mid-table sides Prince Alfred at home to Westminster. With both teams having inconsistant results this year it is hard to pick which way this one will fall. When all else fails, tip the home side.
hellas

Post by hellas »

went out and watch grads blue play on the weekend,(mate was filling in). their supporters are a bit weird, kids were screaming and shouting, coach grumpy, wifes and girlfriends saying funny and silly comments. i watched the supporters, more than the game. lol. am i exaggerating, let me know
crusader
Current Club: mount barker soccer club

Post by crusader »

what a game at Mount barker, wow 2 nil up at half time and all over the shellshocked Uni toueam. However 3 schoolboy mistakes gave uni a 3 2 win that thet sure did not deserve. Mount barker are getting better with each game and are chomping at the bit to play Grads red this week who will have to be at their best to get a result.Would like some kind of input from a Uni member that was at the game. What a cracker
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

crusader wrote:what a game at Mount barker, wow 2 nil up at half time and all over the shellshocked Uni toueam. However 3 schoolboy mistakes gave uni a 3 2 win that thet sure did not deserve. Mount barker are getting better with each game and are chomping at the bit to play Grads red this week who will have to be at their best to get a result.Would like some kind of input from a Uni member that was at the game. What a cracker
Gday Crusader. I wasn't at the game personally but the coach has reported that our boys were not in the right mindset to play. After watching a comfortable reserves win they obviously thought it would be an easy contest, hence the poor start to the match and trailing 2-0 after 15mins.
Watching the results this season I know Mt Barker are very tough to beat, and hopefully this is a bit of a wake-up call for UniSA. I do have to commend the boys as coming back from 2-0 early on is tough.

With CBC getting over Grads Red that puts us a win ahead. As a fellow new club to the CSL i feel that we have a certain affinity with Mt. Barker, and I really hope you guys get a result this weekend, a good result ;)
pencil head
Current Club: norwood

Post by pencil head »

hellas wrote:went out and watch grads blue play on the weekend,(mate was filling in). their supporters are a bit weird, kids were screaming and shouting, coach grumpy, wifes and girlfriends saying funny and silly comments. i watched the supporters, more than the game. lol. am i exaggerating, let me know
Hellas I think you talk a little bit of crap. You are cleary from Norwood, yet you pose your from the opposing team then have a dig at there supporters. Time to grow up
chekj004
Current Club: Grads Red

Post by chekj004 »

It will be an interesting weekend for Grads, 6 weeks ago when we had a full 29 to chose from and we were flying, our Bs even defeated CBCs A's and rather convincingly. fast forward, 22 players on the list who are available against CBC, and only 20 for Mt Barker this weekend, simple math tells me 22 doesn't go into 20. Looks like we will have our hands full against an obviously resurgent and in form Mt Barker! A few players had to play two games on the weekend (myself) and will likely have to do so again. Its a shame but I am sure many teams struggle this time of year with people going overseas (to a destination MUCH warmer than ours at the moment, and I don't blame them, envy them actually), so we just got to put up with it and give it everything we got.