Div 2 Discussion

UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Div 2 Discussion

Post by UniSA »

After 4 rounds the table is starting to take shape. It is extremely tight with only 4 points separating the the top 7 teams, and the bottom 3 really struggling on 0 points.
Goal difference is all that separates the top 3 and it could be an interesting couple of weeks ahead after the cup round with UniSA taking on Norwood in round 5.
So what are your thoughts on the season so far, and the next few rounds? Would be great to have an ongoing discussion throughout the year.
dash riprock
Current Club: Soccer in General

Re: Div 2 Discussion

Post by dash riprock »

Its a tight division with the top 6 all capable of taking points off each other... Stand out team to date have been Grads Red who will be the yard stick by which we can all gauge our season!
North City are in trouble which is a shame...hope they stick it out and theres no loss of talent in the mean time. Also suprised at bthe Eagles... We played them in the SAASL a few years back and they were both physically and technically awesome... Our B team beat them in the cup this year with 10 men for the last 30 mins...Something has changed in the ranks there..
Predcitions for the next round....

Grads Red v North City (Reds win by more than 10)
Mt Barker v CBC (Barker to scrape in by 1 goal)
Norwood v Uni SA (A draw... too close to call on form)
Prince Alfred v Grads Blue (Prince Alfred by a couple)
Westminster v Regency Eagles (Westminster by a couple)
UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Round 6
CBC v Westminster
Grads Blue v Norwood
North City v Regency Eagles
Prince Alfred v Grads Red
Uni SA v Mt Barker

Some interesting match ups today. Mt Barker will be a tough test for my UniSA boys today. The two new clubs have started the season in great form and should be great game. Tipping my boys though of course.
CBC and Westminster struggling for consistancy and think this will end in a score draw.
Norwood should do the business against Grads Blue and Grades Red look far too strong for PAC.
North City & Regency will be very interesting. North City yet to register a win and conceding plenty, but with suspensions galore for regency this may give North City the boost they need to pinch a point.

PLease post results as they come in. Cheers
chekj004
Current Club: Grads Red

Post by chekj004 »

I think you're probably right about most of those results, Regency will still get a win though, still too strong, though I hope to NC's sake they can get something.
Secondly, PAC always match up well against Grads regardless of what sort of form were in, same goes with Westminster and Grads, they are always tight contests and great games to be involved in.
Obviously hoping that Reds will get a win to make up for last year when we blew a 4-1 leed against them :P
UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Well looks like I did ok in my tips. Norwood and Grads blue played a 2-2 game. Not sure if the Regency game went ahead. The result has not been posted. Other than that i got my tips right.
dash riprock

Post by dash riprock »

Tips / Thoughts for Round 7

Grads Red Norwood - Grads Red by 3 goals
North City Prince Alfred - Close to call but Prince Alfred by a couple
Regency Eagles Mt Barker - (Mount Barker are playing this game at Home) Mount Barker by 2 goals
Uni SA CBC - Uni SA by 4/5 goals
Westminster Grads Blue - Westminster by 3 / 4 goals

SO... All the home teams for a win this weekend and little chance of any upsets other than the North City game could be a chance to pick up their first points which would be good for them!
UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Yeh I think you are pretty spot on there dash.

- Grads Red over Norwood by 2.
- Prince Alfred by at least 5 over North City. NC don't just lose, they lose big which tells me they drop after conceding, and concede lots more. Hope they can improve.
- Mt Barker by one in a high scoring game over Regency.
- UniSA over CBC
- Tipping a surprise draw between Westminster and Grads Blue.
dash riprock

Post by dash riprock »

Sounds like a quorum!!
I'll bet you a pale ale at the return match that Westminster get up against Grad Blues..... just to add some competiton to the....competition! ;)
UniSA

Post by UniSA »

Well today provided some interesting results. The top two teams were held to a point, North City bagged their first point and Regency sent Westminster packing and leap-frogged them into equal 2nd with Norwood.

UniSA and Grads Red have a considerable gap between the chasing pack, so the next few rounds will be very interesting and may provide an indication as to who is a contender and who are pretenders. Can't wait.
hellas

Post by hellas »

went to watch grads red play, and i thought they were overrated to be a top side.
apparently norwood had six players out, and should of won.