Uni Black - Forfeits

pescara

Re: Uni Black - Forfeits

Post by pescara »

Following discussion amongst a number of CSL Executives - some of whom I will finalise my discussions tomorrow, we will approach AUSC Black requesting that they field a Division 1A side and forfeit their lower grade teams as this is completely irresponsible for a club to allow this to occur this late in the piece when goal difference could play a big part in the final outcome of the Division 1A title.

Failing this we may need to consider restructuring the Division 1A table to erase all results of matches for AUSC Black thereby eliminating the goals scored and conceded to obtain a revised ladder so that the title contenders are not disadvantaged. This would be the fairest alternative given AUSC Black have lost all their matches so no club would be disadvantaged.
Totalfootball
Current Club: whites

Post by Totalfootball »

maybe the question is more about the Blacks not fielding players as they are stripped of the quality ones into the Amatuer league ? Kevin isnt being fair to the system or CSL if he continues to suck the life out of the Blacks for another team /s
Piker

Post by Piker »

Thanks for the clarification Pescara... think thats the fairest way to decide it.
Messi#10
Current Club: Sacred Heart

Post by Messi#10 »

Thanks Pescara, that's all we ask for. Just that the league look into it & see if there's a better solution.

Uni Black can obviously field 2 teams as it's only the A's which have forfeited so far so the logical thing to do (I thought) is forfeit their C's game & then all available players for those 2 games are moved up into the B's & A's respectively.

The only thing we're paranoid about at Sacred Heart is the league are able to come to a agreement with Uni Black saying they will field A's & B's teams for the weekend & then no-one rocks up at all for either games. I think if they flat out disagree to field a A's team on Saturday but still field B's & C's then I think it's only fair the table be adjusted to suit everyone beating them 3-0.

If you'd like to speak to me directly Pescara in regards to the game Sat just pm me. Thanks
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

wojindows wrote:Yes, they have been allowed to do it - the website only displays official results!

However, I personally don't agree with it and am following up with the AUSC. If you feel the same you should contact the CSL Executive through your clubs.
Joe, as you are on the executive committee can you please explain what actually happened for the last two rounds to have already been forfeited in 1A?

Did Uni Black come to the CSL and say they wouldn't be playing and the league accepted this?
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Buzz - I'm not on the executive committee anymore, so cannot comment. I was just informed of the decision so I could update the results.
That's it!
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

Ah right, my apologies!
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

I'm just the messenger! :P
That's it!
UniSA
Current Club: UniSA

Post by UniSA »

wojindows wrote:I'm just the messenger! :P
Someone hand me my rifle! ;)
buzzy

Post by buzzy »

Here's the full explanation as per Dino's email to club delegates:
3. Forfeit by AUSC Black Division 1A for Rounds 17 and 18

I am sure many of you are aware that AUSC Black Division 1A team is unable to field a team for the remainder of the season due to a number of players returning to their home country - China.

The result is a 3 – 0 victory to Sacred Heart for Round 17 and Pembroke for Round 18 – as per the rules and regulations of the CSL.

Unfortunately the other AUSC Black teams, Division 1B and 3 are unable to step up and in fairness this would not be ideal as the rules and regulations do not have any provision to force a club to play a lower division team up into another division as to avoid a forfeit.

If a lower division team were to have played these matches, it would likely result in Sacred Heart and Pembroke teams adding to their goal difference in a manner for which no other team has had similar opportunity.

It is a difficult circumstance the CSL Executive has been put into and a bit of a disappointment particularly when the title race in Division 1A is still too close to call and one of the contenders –
Sacred Heart would have otherwise played AUSC Black this weekend.

Reconstructing the table to make all matches for AUSC Black null and void in the event of a tie of points between Mercedes and Sacred Heart also is not ideal – and the rules and regulations of the CSL have no scope for the Executive to resolve this issue in this matter in the event of a tie of points.

The CSL Executive will continue to discuss this and formulate a final position – yet at this stage the tables reflect the forfeited matches as 3 – 0 wins to Sacred Heart and Pembroke.

Nevertheless the CSL Executive will discuss this matter at the upcoming meeting on Monday 12 September 2011 as to put measures in place so that this does not occur in season 2012 and beyond.