What happened to refs this weekend?

cruie

Re: What happened to refs this weekend?

Post by cruie »

Are SAASL refs getting more than $75 a game now, then? (I have no idea, but I'm surprised it has increased that much, if it has)

I very much doubt it will be any more than $5 a game more ... and if so - and if that is a reason - I would imagine most CSL clubs would agree to sort it out? ($50 increase for the season shouldn't kill any club)

Last pre-season (2012) I know SAASL refs who did a couple of friendlies (CSL against SAASL teams) were expecting $70 for a match ...

But I'll say it again - and echo what Cheesy wrote above, from conversations I have had with a couple of refs this season - it's the abuse/moaning. Sort that out and refs would do CSL over SAASL for $20 less a match ... nevermind $5 more. I think what CSL is seeing is the refs' reaction to the environment in which we ask them to pursue their hobby.
MickyP21
Current Club: Norwood

Post by MickyP21 »

I was one of the people to put my name into the training/CSL pool but the obvious problem with the CSL pool is that I am a player/president so how can i possibly ref a game and also play? I refereed our game at athelstone as we had no one appointed and was told that i did a really good job, despite the fact it was drama filled the entire game....

The CSL pool wont help our league with players from within our league. We need Sunday amateur teams to put their hand up for a similar pool so they can do our league and vice versa.

Ive already put my hand up for a high school game on Friday...
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I am confident that next year a few of the guys from the CSL pool of Refs will maybe do referring only.

However what you mentioned in regards to trading places with the SAASL refs on weekends would work.

SAASL refs get $100 for an A game. $80 for a B game. That is my understaning. Could be even a bit more.

CSL need to get to $90 a game. If we do that we will have a chance of attracting some referees back.
cruie

Post by cruie »

chelsea wrote:I am confident that next year a few of the guys from the CSL pool of Refs will maybe do referring only.

However what you mentioned in regards to trading places with the SAASL refs on weekends would work.

SAASL refs get $100 for an A game. $80 for a B game. That is my understaning. Could be even a bit more.

CSL need to get to $90 a game. If we do that we will have a chance of attracting some referees back.
I'll check this out, then. Was $70 last time I coached SAASL (and, no, the year didn't start with a 19!).

Can't believe the two have got that out of sync; but if true then CSL ref fees need to increase (as Chelski says, $90+) ...