One team clubs in Div 2A/B

wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Re: One team clubs in Div 2A/B

Post by wojindows »

The only reason we're "having a go at Windsor" is that UniSA mentioned that they didn't want to play in Div 1.

My initial question was definitely directed at the league - so I agree with you both.
That's it!
divineponytail

Post by divineponytail »

Yes Windsor are a great team, probably the best team ever to a part of the Collegiate Soccer League, but rules are rules. The league has always stated that Div 3 is for clubs with 1 team or with 3 or more teams, that's the way its been for years.

And yes, there aren't enough players to make up a 2nd team which is why the league left them in Div 3. I'll also provide a bit of history in to last years season, namely the cup.

Both Uni White (Quarter Finals) and Mercedes (Grand Final) had thier chances for glory and it came down to penalties - so this was anyone's. This meaning that the Cup wasn't total domination, everyone had a chance to knock of the champs, but failed.......

As for the league, yes the champs were unbeaten (probably a CSL) record but other teams did well to compete. Unley Rangers held them to a draw and Uni Black managed to go up 2 - 0 in the first five minutes of thier fixture but lost 3 - 2.

The difference is not all about WGOS being 'better' than thier competitors its just that WGOS are consistent, week in week out - something which a lot of teams lack. You've seen the results some weeks, one week a team wins 8 - 0, then the next they lose to the bottom team.

Consistency, commitement and persistance is what wins titles fellas and WGOS had all of these..........if you want to keep up with the champions you shouldn't expect them to move, you should expect your teams to get to their level of brilliance.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

divineponytail wrote:Yes Windsor are a great team, probably the best team ever to a part of the Collegiate Soccer League, but rules are rules. The league has always stated that Div 3 is for clubs with 1 team or with 3 or more teams, that's the way its been for years.

And yes, there aren't enough players to make up a 2nd team which is why the league left them in Div 3. I'll also provide a bit of history in to last years season, namely the cup.

Both Uni White (Quarter Finals) and Mercedes (Grand Final) had thier chances for glory and it came down to penalties - so this was anyone's. This meaning that the Cup wasn't total domination, everyone had a chance to knock of the champs, but failed.......

As for the league, yes the champs were unbeaten (probably a CSL) record but other teams did well to compete. Unley Rangers held them to a draw and Uni Black managed to go up 2 - 0 in the first five minutes of thier fixture but lost 3 - 2.

The difference is not all about WGOS being 'better' than thier competitors its just that WGOS are consistent, week in week out - something which a lot of teams lack. You've seen the results some weeks, one week a team wins 8 - 0, then the next they lose to the bottom team.

Consistency, commitement and persistance is what wins titles fellas and WGOS had all of these..........if you want to keep up with the champions you shouldn't expect them to move, you should expect your teams to get to their level of brilliance.
Get a grip ;)
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

Ok, I assume you're all tongue in cheek, but:
divineponytail wrote:The league has always stated that Div 3 is for clubs with 1 team or with 3 or more teams, that's the way its been for years.
Hence the reason for this thread - it's changed this year with Regency Eagles and Simba having one team each in Div 2.
divineponytail wrote:if you want to keep up with the champions you shouldn't expect them to move, you should expect your teams to get to their level of brilliance.
If they were in Div 1, sure, that would make sense. Anywhere else top teams should move up a div, and bottom teams drop down...
That's it!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The league have plenty of explaining to do with a few of their decisions. Eg joining Regency / Simba if rules state you must have 2 teams.

agree with Divineponytail that anyone could of won the cup as many games were close.

Even if Windsor didnt win the cup I think they should of been promoted.

Windsor have good players and can play consistent football as they have the same guys out their each week with plenty of soccer experience. One of your players would have more experience then our whole 3rd team.

With all 3rd teams in clubs that have 4/5 teams the lineup is always changing due to players moving up and down and therefore its hard to get consistent in that league.

When our club went from 2 to 3 teams our 3rd team went into div4. We won div 4 and were told that we would go into div 3. At the same time we knew that it would be harder and would of been easier to stay in div 4. So the league promoted us. Maybe if Windsor were promoted more players might come out. Who knows what would happen.

Anyway the league has just been inconsistent and made their own rules. Now Simba will fully dominate the 2B league. I expect huge score lines by them as its their A team playing a B team every week.

The Windsor topic will die down and that will be the next talking point.

The league just wanted all divs to have even numbers instead at looking what the situation actually is.

Write to the league. Its not the clubs that are mentioned at fault.
pescara

Post by pescara »

The decision to leave Windsor Gardens in Division 3 and pair Regency with ASSE Simba was not an easy decision and was based on consideration of future seasons.

Regency finished runner up in season 2010 in Division 2A and their one team this season is predominantly comprised of their 2A team from last season, whereas, ASSE Simba won Division 2B and again this season their one and only team is majority 2B team from last season as their 2A team left and tried to form a new club.

So it made sense to pair them together.

Windsor Gardens would have smashed teams in Division 2B so they would have had to go into Division 2A - then what about Regency or the other 2 team clubs who should be relegated to Division 3?

Division 2A and 2B is being built to cater for 2 team clubs and both Regency and ASSE Simba have indicated that they wish to return to having 2 teams for next season - ASSE Simba was just short this season having 20 players.

Windsor Gardens have done exceptionally well yet have always indicated that they will not form 2 teams now or in future.

So the CSL Executive had to consider the future and this is why the divisions are the way they are for season 2011.
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

It'll be funny if every other club feels the same, and in Div3 just choose to have a forefit against Windsor. That way all year they won't have a game....that'll be a good protest.... sure they will win the league by default, but meh.

:lol:
hgd
Current Club: PAOC

Post by hgd »

Don't think Windsor is the issue really. Regency / Simba is. As stated above, Simba are going to dominate the league with their best 15 or so players out each week. Even their B side was one of the stronger ones last year. I know they were having trouble with numbers late last year with many players playing 2 games, but that should mean they are in Div 3 correct? Then allow the third teams of some clubs to come into 2B. Would make sense to me.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

fully agree with you hgd.

You cant protest against Windsor and forfeit as its not their fault that they are in Div 3 still.

However I am sure the Windsor would be happy this week if Mt Barker did forfeit.
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

I thought it was their fault since they refuse to go from div3 up?

I don't need to protest - I play in Div 1 - just chiming in with a suggestion. Surely it's going to be a face of a season again then in div3?