Regency Eagles...cheaters?

jayts

Regency Eagles...cheaters?

Post by jayts »

I understand that Regency have last points following a tribunal hearing because of playing unregistered players. Can anybody elaborate and provide the correct information as to what has happened here? This will undoubtedly help a number is teams battling for top spot.
chelsea

Re: Regency Eagles...cheaters?

Post by chelsea »

I think the CSL might issue something to all clubs in the email that is sent out weekly with referee appointments.

I would wait until then to discuss this topic further.
DMW

Post by DMW »

Why wait?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

If you have all the details then go your hardest and no need to wait.
LGA

Post by LGA »

Playing players who were also playing and registered for federation teams....
wojindows
Site Admin
Current Club: Uni Whites

Post by wojindows »

See Table, Results

I'm sure the CSL will elaborate soon.
That's it!
DMW

Post by DMW »

What other Clubs have these guys been playing for?
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

So Regency have as according to the results/table, have beaten Sacred Heart and Mt Barker supposedly fairly, yet they have 4 points? Why have they forfeited some games and not others? Are we going to get some sort of clarification on this or has this been already communicated to club delegates?
crusader_
Current Club: Mount Barker

Post by crusader_ »

How many illegal players were Regency playing? Their results have gone downhill so much in the last two weeks that it cannot just have been one illegal player.
I don't see why Mt Barker & Sacred Heart didn't get forfeit wins too. Regency appear to be rubbish now but they weren't when we played them.
Squeezy Cheesey Peas
Current Club: Adelaide City

Post by Squeezy Cheesey Peas »

Rubbish is a bit harsh!! Maybe less formidable than they looked early doors is fairer!
An interesting situation and breach of the basic rules of any league...
Good to see the new photo system is working (I'm assuming it was the opposition catching the breach rather than genuinely playing an unregistered player and putting him down on the team sheet!!).
The Eagles (and their former clubs / guises) have often been 'inconsistent' with teams that have been absolutely magical through to average turning up on different weeks and players from other teams often filling the gaps in days gone by.
The playing of Federation players is a big breach of faith and i can only imagine that every team will be on alert for them for the remainder of the season. Hopefully they learn the painful lesson (8 points deducted an no superstars will finish any title hopes) and keep a clean nose as they are a great team to watch on their day.
They have paid the penalty so lets give them another chance and can we get an official statement on the events to clarify everything and stop any expansion on the truth occurring :)